About Brother Bru Bru
Like the pied piper, Brother Bru-Bru (Bruce Langhorne) played his gigantic Turkish tambourine as he walked through the streets of New York’s Greenwich Village. Dubbed “Mr. Tambourine Man” by Bob Dylan, his music and joyous spirit enticed locals to come out and dance behind him. His carefree lifestyle caught up with him in his 50’s; a routine medical check-up revealed a severe case of high blood pressure, a common diagnosis for many African Americans. When his doctor told him to lose weight and, worse yet, sentenced him to a life term of salt-free food, he was devastated. Almost all his favorite hot sauces to which he was addicted were loaded with salt.
He was determined to put some joy back into his diet, so he started experimenting, researching, collecting and blending peppers and spices. Bru-Bru was a lover of African culture and music, having played with Hugh Masekela and Babatunde Olatunji among others. Well-traveled, he was familiar with many of the exotic flavors of the mother continent and started incorporating them into his emerging blend.
Brother Bru-Bru realized that he had fallen into an almost magical potion that would take your taste buds on an exotic journey, give you an intense, endorphin-pumping, habanero-powered heat rush, earn you the respect and admiration of your friends (for being able to endure so much heat) and make you healthy, all at the same time.
About Our Hot Sauce
Brother Bru-Bru’s Hot Pepper Sauces are all natural with no sodium, no sugar, no gluten, no artificial coloring and no preservatives. The Chipotle and Chili Sauces are organic
Tribal peoples all over the world use hot pepper potions, not only to enhance food flavors, but also as folk remedies for a number of ailments including indigestion, nasal and sinus congestion, sore muscles and arthritis. Ingesting hot peppers can actually cool you in a hot climate by causing your face and scalp to sweat.
Prevent Risky Clots with Hot Peppers
“Jalapeño’s, habañeros, cayenne pepper, hot sauce. . . these flavor-boosters can do a lot more than just spice up your chili and nachos. According to University of Cincinnati researchers, capsaicin – the compound that gives these peppers their fiery heat – is a powerful anti-inflammatory that prevents the formation of blood clots in heart arteries.
“And Chinese studies show capsaicin also helps break down dietary fats before they can be converted into artery-clogging LDL cholesterol, cutting cholesterol surges (even after eating high-fat meals) as much as a whopping 57%.
“The study-proven dose: ¼ tsp. of the dried spices, 1 tsp. of a fiery sauce (Brother Bru Bru’s) or 1 Tbs. of fresh or pickled hot peppers daily.”
~ Woman’s World 9/23/2013
|Brother Bru Bru’s
Hot Pepper Sauce
|Brother Bru Bru’s
|Burn Baby Burn||150mg|
|The Pepper Plant||85mg|
TEN IMPORTANT SCIENTIFIC REASONS why you should use BROTHER BRU BRU’S HOT PEPPER SAUCES
1) They taste great!
2) Hot peppers are loaded with vitamin C (357% more than oranges).
3) Hot peppers stimulate the nerve endings with false pain messages which cause the brain to produce endorphins which make you feel good.
4) Hot peppers tend to dissolve life-threatening blood clots.
5) Under lab conditions, hot pepper sauces kill certain harmful bacteria found in raw oysters and other sea food.
6) Hot peppers have actually caused tumors of the prostate to shrink in a laboratory setting.
7) Medical researchers have found that topically applied hot pepper extracts can relieve chronic pain in certain cases.
8) Garlic (which is used liberally in Brother Bru-Bru’s African Hot Sauce) is known to convey a whole pantheon of health benefits on its users.
9) Many of the African spices which are used in Brother Bru-Bru’s African Hot Sauce for their flavors are used as folk remedies by traditional African herbalists.
10) Long-term users of Brother Bru-Bru’s concoctions can thrill and amaze their friends by drinking ordinary hot sauces right out of the bottle.
11) They taste great!