Serves 4 to 6
- 3 cups vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large leek including 2 inches of the green top, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- ¼ cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- ½ teaspoon Brother Bru Bru’s African Hot Pepper Sauce
- ½ cup smooth unsalted peanut butter
Combine the stock, onion, leeks and carrots in a heavy 2 to 3-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Puree the soup in a food processor. Blend at high speed until the soup is smooth.
Return the soup to the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the rice and Brother Bru Bru’s African Hot Pepper Sauce. Reduce the heat to low and cover tightly. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender but the grains still intact. In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of the soup with the peanut butter and stir until they are well-combined. Stir the peanut butter mixture into the soup, cover again, and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
Taste for seasoning. Serve at once from a heated tureen or individual soup bowls.